Black bean chili is one of our go to recipes when we want to eat something smokey that has lots of delicious beans in it. The way beans are cooked in those spices is just so tasty. We eat chili with fresh bread, over a hot bowl of rice, with tortilla chips or use it on tortilla wraps. All of these are perfect for a rainy dinner when you crave something hot and loaded in flavors.
Why you will fall in love with these 15 Minute Black Bean Chili?
- It is easy and quick to make- It takes only a few minutes to cook this recipe and it doesn’t require any special skill in the kitchen. You have to just cook the onions with the spices and then throw on the pot black beans and diced tomato and that’s it!
- It is made with simple ingredients that you already have in your pantry- You don’t need to have fancy ingredients to make this smokey dish. The combination of some simple ingredients makes this recipe so delicious.
- This black bean chili is freezable– If you want to freeze some of the leftovers of this chili, that is a great idea. It is easy freezable and can last up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
- It is loaded with proteins– Because of the black beans, it is rich in proteins and fibers.
- It is a great idea if you are meal prepping– If you are planning your meals for busy days at work, this recipe is so good. Because of it’s consistency you can easily carry this at work and heat it and it would be as delicious as the first day.
- It is plant based- It is meat free, vegan and made only with plant based ingredients! It tastes like a classic chili but instead of meat, it has black beans.
- It is versatile- You can add other spices of your choice, you can use other beans you have on hands. You can either buy them in cans or use dried ones but it will take longer to cook them before making the chili. You can use fresh ripe tomatoes instead of canned. It is up to you. Play with flavors and create more chili delicious recipes.
If you try this recipe let us know on the comments below. How do you like to eat black bean chili? Don’t forget to subscribe and follow us on our social media to get the latest recipe updated every week.
For more tasty bean recipes:
One Pot Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili [vegan]
Butter Bean Casserole with Veggies [vegan + gluten free]
This 15 Minute Black Bean chili is rich in flavors and made only with pantry ingredients you already have on home. This smokey recipe is quick and easy and you can enjoy this with rice, nachos, on tortilla wraps or as is. It is rich in proteins and this is what makes this chili great when meal prepping.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 (400 gr) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (400 gr) can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or date syrup)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of half a lime (optional)
- Heat the olive oil on a large pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and let it cook until the onion is soft. It will take 5 minutes.
- When the onion has become soft, add the spices and black beans and give it a stir. Then add the tomatoes, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the parsley and lime or lemon juice if using. Serve it with fresh chopped peppers, chilies or sliced avocado.