Harissa is not a familiar ingredient in Albanian cuisine. We have variations of hot pepper sauces but not like Harissa. So I decided to make my own since here is not available in stores. The result was amazing! I started using it in everything. In pastas, hummus, curries, sauces, everything.
In our family baked potato wedges are a must. Sometimes we use sweet potatoes but mostly we use yellow because they are cheaper. I have tried a million variations of baked potato wedges but trust me this version is one of my favorites.
The Harissa sauce is what makes this recipe so worth trying. The combination of harissa paste with tahini, lime juice and spices is so good!
How to make Baked Potato Wedges with Harissa Sauce?
Cut your potatoes in wedges and then coat them with olive oil and a combination of spices. Bake them for about 1 hour so they become crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. Meanwhile combine all the ingredients of Harissa sauce in a small container.
When the potatoes are done cooking, place them in a serving plate and drizzle over the Harissa sauce. Add fresh parsley or chili flakes or any other topping of your choice.
If you try this flavorful way to eat potato wedges, let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media so you will be updated every time we post new recipes.
More recipes you might like:
Baked Potato Wedges with Harissa Sauce is tasty and a delicious way to eat your wedges! It is made with yellow or sweet potatoes depending on your choice. Drizzled with an amazing Harissa sauce on top.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 60 minutes
- 5-6 medium yellow potatoes, cut into wedges
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
For the Harissa sauce:
- 1 tbsp of Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 º C / 450 º F.
- In a baking tray add the potato wedges, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Give them a good stir so they are evenly coated. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the wedges have become crispy.
- Meanwhile combine all the ingredients of the Harissa sauce in a small container and stir well. You can add 1-2 tbsp of water if you want a thinner sauce.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, place them in a serving plate and drizzle over the Harissa Sauce. You can also add fresh parsley or coriander.