Soup has been our favorite go-to recipe especially when we were too busy to cook and craving something warm and healthy.
We have tried a variety of soups this winter. From this Creamy Vegetable, White Bean and Orzo Soup [vegan] that is rich in proteins and fibers, to this light Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup [vegan] that bursts in flavors once you eat it.
To make this mushroom soup is easy and like all the other soups it takes simple ingredients to make it. I like to experiment with soups but using mostly ingredients we already have at home.
The best thing about this soup is the yogurt on top. It gives the soup a special tanginess that is perfectly combined with the earthy flavor of the soup. If you try making this mushroom soup, yogurt is a must. You can use any type of unsweetened yogurt (plant-based or not).
More recipes you might like:
This Mushroom Soup with Vegetables is the best mushroom soup. It has the perfect combination of earthy and sour flavors.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 5 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 4 tbsp of yogurt (1 for each serving)
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the celery, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let them cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot, and sauté for another minute. Then add the potatoes and vegetable stock and cover the pot with a lid. Let the vegetables cook for 20 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, add the almond milk.
- Remove from the heat. You can blend everything with an immersion blender or by transferring the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Pour the soup again into the pot after blending and add the lemon juice
- When you are ready to serve, add 1 tbsp of yogurt to each serving of mushroom soup. Enjoy!