This recipe is one of our favorite ways to use the lovely sugars from ripened fruits and transform them in a delicious healthy breakfast bowl.
When making a crumble I try to use a combination of berries and other fruits I have on hand. This time I had ripened apricots, apples and strawberries. They turned out to be perfect paired with each other.
This Breakfast Fruit Crumble is made with fresh fruits, oats, shredded coconut, honey, and olive oil. I used a small 7 inch (18 cm) casserole to make this crumble, but if you have a bigger one, just try adding more fruit and oats to the recipe. This crumble is so versatile and easy to make.
Place chopped fruits in a casserole. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and add a drizzle of honey on them. In another bowl combine oats, shredded coconut, vanilla, olive oil, plant milk, salt, and brown sugar. Top the fruits with the oat mix and bake them for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy it with plant milk or yogurt.
More recipes you might like:
Breakfast Fruit Crumble
This Breakfast Fruit Crumble is healthy and the best way to incorporate ripened fruits in your breakfast bowl.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
For the oat crumble:
- 1+ 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- sprinkle of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plant milk
For the fruit mixture:
- 8 apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 of an apple, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Combine apricots, apple, strawberries, honey, and cinnamon in a big bowl and mix so everything is well coated.
- In another bowl combine oats, shredded coconut, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the olive oil and plant milk. Mix everything.
- Transfer the fruit mix to a baking dish (I used a small one 7 inches (18 cm). Layer the crumb all over the fruit layer. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the crumble becomes golden.
- Enjoy it with plant milk or yogurt.