This Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad is so flavorful and the best side dish. It is smokey and rich in fibers. This is a great way if you want to incorporate more winter vegetables in your salads.
To make this salad is easy. Toss the vegetables in a baking tray along with all the spices and let them roast for about 40 minutes. After the butternut squash and cauliflower have become soft, place them in a big bowl and add the creamy dressing. You can serve this salad warm or cold. We like to eat it warm since the vegetables are more tender that way.
This Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad is rich in spices and to add more texture to it, it is topped with a creamy tahini mustard dressing.
More recipes you might like:
This Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad is so flavorful and the best side dish. It is smokey and rich in fibers.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn, rinsed and drained
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- In a baking tray add cauliflower, butternut squash, olive oil, salt, pepper, and all the spices. Place the tray in the oven and let the vegetables roast for about 40 minutes until tender. In the last 10 minutes, add sweet corn to the ray.
- Meanwhile, in a small container combine all the ingredients needed to make the dressing. Set it aside.
- When the vegetables are done roasting, place them in a big salad bowl and add the dressing. You can top it with fresh parsley, roasted almonds, or any topping of your choice.
- We usually serve this salad warm but if you try serving it cold let us know how it will turn out.