These Carrot Gingerbread Spice Muffins are my go-to breakfast, especially in December. I love festive spices and experimenting with them. So I came up with this amazing muffin recipe by pairing carrots with gingerbread spice. Trust me the flavor is amazing.
I remembered that when I was little my mother used to make us carrot jam and my sister and I loved it so much. The special thing about her carrot jam was the cinnamon. Carrot not only is perfect in savory dishes but also in sweet ones if you combine it with lots of spices.
Why you have to try these Carrot Gingerbread Spice Muffins ?
- they are delicious
- they are perfect for lattes (if you love lattes like me)
- they are vegan
- they are so easy to make
- they are made with simple ingredients
- they are perfect for breakfast or to take them to work
- they are festive and perfect for Christmas time
If you try these Carrot Gingerbread Spice Muffins [vegan] let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to save our recipes on your Yummly or Pinterest account so you can make them later.
More recipes you might like:
These Carrot Gingerbread Spice Muffins are vegan and packed with delicious flavor. They are so easy to make and perfect to take with you to work. They are moist and fluffy. It takes 40 minutes to make them and the simple ingredients you already have at home.
Makes: 12 muffins
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a standard-size muffin tin with 12 liners, set aside.
- In a bowl add the soy milk and orange juice and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the flour, oats, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Then in the soy-orange mixture bowl add the oil and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one. Stir well so everything is combined. Add the shredded carrot and give it another stir.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin (I used a tablespoon) – fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake them for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.