There is no better way to warm the tummy other than eating delicious curries. We love adding different fruits and vegetables in curries so this cauliflower apricot curry is a special one.
This Cauliflower Apricot Curry is sweet and delicious. It is rich in nutrients and fibers. The combination of sweet potato and apricot makes this curry one of a kind.
You can also use butternut squash, pumpkin, or carrot instead of sweet potato. I have also tried it with squash and it is tasty as well. I am loving using butternut squash in dhals and curries. Like this Creamy Butternut Squash Lentil Dhal [vegan].
It is so easy to make this curry. It takes only 30 minutes to have a flavorful warm curry bowl.
This curry is plant-based. It is perfect for meal prep. It stays in the fridge for up to 4 days.
We combined our Cauliflower Apricot Curry with cooked rice and yogurt. We topped it with fresh parsley and chili flakes and trust me guys this combination is the best. You can have it all there!
More recipes you might like:
This Cauliflower Apricot Curry is the most flavorful warm bowl you can have on a cold day.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- a thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of full-fat coconut milk
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 cups of water
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon/lime
- a handful of parsley to garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (yellow or black)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add all the spices. Let them cook in the oil for 30 seconds before adding the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Let them cook in spices for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the cauliflower florets and sweet potato chunks and let them cook in spices for 2 minutes before adding the water and red lentils. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk, dried apricots, and fresh spinach. Cook the curry for another 10 minutes until the sweet potato has become soft.
- Before serving add the lemon juice and garnish it with fresh parsley, Enjoy!