This Cauliflower Pea Winter Soup has all the flavors of winter. It is a delicious warm bowl you can make for yourself and your family. This soup is so simple to make yet packed with earthy winter flavors.
Cauliflower is an underrated vegetable you can use on soups, to make them creamier. Last year I was obsessed with this Creamy Cauliflower Soup if you want the soup on more of a spicy side. Lately, I love using thyme in everything, so this recipe is more like a combination of simple seasonal vegetables and spices.
This soup is made with cauliflower, frozen peas, onion, garlic, thyme, and cashews. I used cashew nuts to make it creamier and rich in fibers but you can also use other nut milk like coconut or almond.
Because it is made with cashews, cauliflower and green peas it is rich in proteins and fibers.
How to make this Cauliflower Pea Winter Soup?
It is so easy to make this Cauliflower Pea Winter Soup [vegan]. You just have to heat a pot over medium heat and add the garlic, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Then add the cauliflower florets and frozen peas. Let them cook in fragrant onion mix for about 5 minutes then add the water. Let them cook for about 20 minutes before adding the cashew nuts. Blend everything in a blender or with an immersion blender. Garnish with fresh thyme spring and garlic croutons.
If you try this recipe, let us know on our social media! Don’t forget to tag a photo #bimorah on Instagram. Enjoy my friends!
More soup recipes:
This Cauliflower Pea Winter Soup [vegan] is creamy and packed with winter flavors. It is delicious and has an amazing nutty flavor. It is easy to make and requires simple ingredients.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 big head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup raw cashew nuts
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of water*
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let them cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Then add the cauliflower florets and peas. Let them cook with the onion mix for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water to the pot and let the soup cook for about 20 minutes.
- Before blending it with a blender or an immersion blender, add the cashew nuts to the soup and then blend it.
- Transfer the soup to the pot if using a blender and add the lemon juice.
- Serve it with fresh thyme springs and garlicky croutons. Enjoy!
- If you like a thinner consistency add more water depending on how you like your soup.