This Chai Spiced Fruit Cake is moist and so flavorful. It is made with dried apricots, dried cranberries, dried mulberries, prunes, raisins, and dried figs. The base of this cake is like a traditional cake but chai spice and dried fruits make all the difference.
This cake is perfect for Christmas. It is made in 40 minutes. If you want it to be even more flavorful soak the dried fruits in brandy a day before and they will be so juicy. You can serve this delicious cake with chocolate spread or fruit marmalade.
This is not a traditional fruit cake. This is a fruit-packed spiced cake made in a few minutes. It is flavored with orange and lemon zest.
Your whole family will love this Christmas tasty treat. It is cozy and delicious combined with mulled wine or a hot latte. This cake tastes like a panettone but in a cake version.
More recipes you might like:
This is a fruit-packed spiced cake made in a few minutes. This cake tastes like a panettone but in a cake version.
Serves: 10-12 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruits ( I used mullberies, figs, apricots, prunes, raisins, cranberries)
- 1/4 cup brandy or rum
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups all purpouse flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chai spice mix
- zest of an orange
- zest of a lemon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F. Line an 8×4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper
- Soak the dried fruits in brandy. Let them aside. Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and vegetable oil.
- Then add to the bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, chai spice, shredded coconut, salt, zest of an orange, and zest of a lemon. Mix everything together.
- Add to the batter, the soaked dried fruits along with the brandy they were soaked in.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy with fruit marmalade/jam or chocolate spread.