If I had to choose between all of the dried fruits I’d choose dried figs first and raisins second. Figs have a special caramel taste that I love so much. They are naturally sweet and rich in fibers.
These Chocolate Dipped Dried Figs are so easy to make. You just have to melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave (I personally like to use a double boiler) then dip the dried figs in melted chocolate and while the chocolate is still smooth, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts. This recipe is not just easy but also it requires only 3 ingredients.
You will be very surprised to taste the delicious dried figs covered in chocolate. They are the perfect healthy snack if you are craving something sweet and chocolaty.
They are amazing if you want to snack them at work or in between classes.
More recipes you might like:
These Chocolate Dipped Dried Figs are the perfect healthy snack if you are craving something sweet and delicious. They are made with only 3 ingredients!
Makes: 12 figs
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( or chopped chocolate)
- 12 dried figs
- 2 tbsp crushed hazelnuts
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate by using the double boiler method or the microwave.
- Dip 2/3 of the figs in chocolate and carefully place them in the lined baking tray. While the chocolate is already smooth, sprinkle on top of the dipped figs, chopped hazelnuts.
- Let the dipped figs cool for about 1 hour or you can place them in the fridge and they will be ready to eat for about 20 minutes.