This perfect meatless sandwich is our family’s favorite. It is made with fresh ciabatta bread, slowly cooked mushrooms in balsamic vinegar, mustard, vegetables, and mozzarella. It is perfect at any time of day. You can eat this delicious sandwich for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is packed with flavors and it melts in your mouth.
The combination of mustard, umami mushrooms, fresh romano peppers, and mozzarella cheese is so good. Once you will try this, you will want to eat this every day. It tastes like pizza but in a sandwich.
More recipes like this:
This Ciabatta Sandwich With Balsamic Mushroom and Mozzarella is packed with flavors and it melts in your mouth.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For the sandwich:
- 2 ciabatta bread, sliced horizontally
- 4 slices of tomato
- 6-8 slices of green pepper
- 4 mozzarella slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp of mayo, (1 tbsp for each bread)
- 2 tsp of dijon mustard, (1 tsp for each bread)
For the marinated mushrooms:
- 4-5 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients to marinate the mushrooms in a bowl (except for the olive oil). Add the mushrooms to the bowl and let them marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread cut-sides of bread evenly with mayo and dijon mustard. Add sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, and sliced green peppers.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and the marinated mushrooms. Cook them until soft for about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked mushrooms to the ciabatta sandwiches we prepared earlier and toast or bake them for 4-5 minutes until the mozzarella starts melting. Enjoy!