Pasta is everyone’s favorite comfort food. You can make a million combinations in pasta recipes. We love making white pasta with cashew cream cheese, pasta with tomato sauce and herbs, pesto pasta with caramelized mushrooms and recently we are loving this creamy cauliflower red pepper pasta.
We try to use seasonal ingredients to make a creamy sauce and since the combination of cauliflower and red pepper pasta was a success in Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup [vegan], we tried it in pasta.
This Creamy Cauliflower Red Pepper Pasta it’s a healthy, rich, veggie-filled pasta to sneak some fresh vegetables in your family’s weekend dinners.
If you want to make it gluten-free, you can always choose bean, lentil, or chickpea pasta. We have tried making it with quinoa and rice pasta and it turned out to be amazing.
What to serve with this pasta?
Drinks: We love having it with a glass of wine but usually, during weeknights, we like to serve it with a glass of this Vegan Mint Yogurt Savory Refreshing Drink.
Salad: If you want a healthier side dish, you can always go with a classic lettuce, tomato, and onion, salad with a fresh vinaigrette dressing.
More recipes you might like:
This Creamy Cauliflower Red Pepper Pasta it’s a healthy, rich, veggie-filled pasta that can be made in 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 servings of pasta
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or any other plant milk)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the mushrooms:
- 6 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- In a baking tray add the cauliflower, red pepper, garlic cloves, olive oil, oregano, smoked paprika, basil, salt, and pepper. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. While the pasta is cooking in a frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and mushrooms. Let them cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add salt, pepper, and dried thyme and let the mushrooms cook for another 5 minutes. At the last minute, add the soy sauce. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower and peppers are done baking, transfer them to a blender along with the plant milk and lemon juice. Blend everything until creamy.
- Pour the creamy cauliflower mixture into the cooked and drained pasta pot and give them a stir so everything is coated. When serving add the fried mushrooms on top.