If you haven’t noticed it yet, leek is one of my favorite vegetables to use in pastas and stews. It gives everything a sweet and special taste so I always love to add it in my recipes.
Usually I am picky when it comes to curry. I like my curry creamy and rich in spices. So I came up with this amazing curry recipe that includes: leek, chickpeas, homemade unsweetened almond milk, green bell pepper, zucchini, crushed tomatoes, lots of spices and finally a good squeeze of lime juice.
You can freeze it or save it in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can eat it with naan, rye bread, or over rice.
How to make Creamy Leek and Chickpea Curry?
1. First of all you have to combine all the delicious spices in a mortar and pestle and crush them well. If you have them already crushed, skip this step.
2. In a pot over medium heat, add the oil and crushed spices and let them cook for 30 seconds before adding the onion, garlic, leek and green chili.
3. Then add the zucchini and green bell pepper. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add to the pot the chickpeas and crushed tomato.
5. When the vegetables have been cooking for a while, add the almond milk and let it cook for another 10 minutes until creamy.
6. Enjoy it with a squeeze of lime juice and spring onions on top.
If you try this warm and flavorful curry, let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media so you will be updated every time we post new recipes.
More recipes you might like:
This Creamy Leek and Chickpea Curry is so easy to make and full of flavors. It is packed with delicious vegetables. It is creamy and hearty especially during cold weather.
Serves : 4
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 300 ml almond milk, preferably homemade because its thicker and makes the curry creamier
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 of a green chili (optional, you can add more)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- juice of a lime
- salt and pepper
For the spices:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (black or yellow)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- First combine all the spices in a mortar and pestle and crush them well. If you have them already crushed, skip this step.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the oil and crushed spices and let them cook for 30 seconds before adding the onion, garlic, leek and green chili. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the zucchini and green bell pepper. Let them cook for 5 minutes before adding the chickpeas and crushed tomato.
- Let the curry cook for 10 minutes before adding the almond milk. It will take about 10 minutes until creamy.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice. Serve it with rice, pita bread, naan or bread. Enjoy!