If you love carrots as much as I do, you are going to love this Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup [vegan]. This carrot soup is packed with winter spices and earthy flavors. It is ultra creamy and the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
This Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup [vegan] is made with roasted carrots and coconut milk. Roasting the carrots is the best way to bring out the sweet flavor in them that goes pretty well with thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
We love making soup, especially during winter. There is nothing better than a warm bowl of delicious soup. Recently we’ve been loving this Cauliflower Pea Winter soup and the Roasted Carrot one.
Why you have to try this Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup?
- it is easy to make
- it is perfect for meal prep if you store it in the fridge not more than 4 days
- it is plant-based
- it is a light recipe for dinner or lunch
- it is packed with winter spices
- it is made with seasonal ingredients
- it is made with only 7 simple ingredients
- it is ultra rich and creamy
- it is healthy and delicious
How to make Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup?
This soup is so easy to make. You have to cut the carrots in the shape you think is best to roast them. I chose to cut them in coin shape so they roast quicker. Transfer them to a baking tray and add garlic cloves, dried or fresh rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake them for about 30-35 minutes until the carrots have become soft.
Then transfer the roasted carrots to a blender along with water and coconut milk and blend them until creamy. Pour the carrot soup into a pot and heat the soup so it is warm when you eat it. Add the lemon juice before serving it. We like to eat this soup with garlicky croutons and freshly ground black pepper.
More recipes you might like:
If you love carrots as much as we do, you are going to love this Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup [vegan]. This carrot soup is packed with winter spices and earthy flavors. It is ultra creamy and the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 6 big carrots ( or 8 medium ones)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of dried rosemary
- 2 tsp of dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of full-fat coconut milk
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 cup of water ( or more if you like a thinner consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the carrots into bite-size chunks or coins to fasten the roasting process.
- Place them in a baking tray. Add the garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake the carrots for about 30-35 minutes until soft.
- Transfer the roasted carrots to a blender and add the coconut milk and water. Blend the soup until creamy.
- Pour the soup into a pot to warm it before serving. It will take 4-5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and check the taste for salt and pepper.
- You can add more water depending on how you want the consistency of the soup.