This Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup is packed with rich flavors of roasted vegetables. It is the perfect warm bowl in cold weather.
Since cauliflower is in season and we like to cook mainly with seasonal ingredients this soup is the best if you have cauliflower on hand.
To make this soup you will need cauliflower, red bell pepper, sweet potato, and spices. This soup is quick and easy. It is plant-based and a light recipe for dinner or lunch.
- To make this soup is the soup we placed all the chopped vegetables in a baking dish, sprinkled some spices, and baked them for 35 minutes.
- When the vegetables were soft and smokey, we blended them in a high-speed blender and transferred the soup in a pot.
Making this soup with red pepper was such a delicious surprise for me. I do not like to add peppers when making soup but recently I have been inspired by so many tasty soups online so thought to give this a try. And it was worth it. The red pepper gives this soup a sweet smokey flavor that is perfectly combined with the earthiness of cauliflower.
When the soup is ready to be served you can add any toppings that you like. We love adding croutons, fresh parsley, a drizzle of coconut milk, or toasted seeds.
More recipes you might like:
This Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup [vegan] is packed with healthy ingredients and delicious flavors. It is made only with vegetables and spices with no milk added. It is rich and creamy. This soup is the perfect warm bowl.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Add all the ingredients except the vegetable broth in a baking dish and bake them for about 35 minutes, until the vegetables become soft.
- Then add the baked vegetables to a high-speed blender with 2 cups of vegetable broth and blend them. You can also use an immersion blender to do this step.
- Transfer the soup to a pot and add the remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth to it. Let it cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Taste it so you can add more salt depending on the saltiness you like. You can also add more vegetable broth or water if you like it thinner.