This creamy sweet corn chowder with vegetables is comforting and warm especially in a rainy day. The combination of vegetables with corn makes an amazing bowl of creamy vegetables with delicious spices.
It is made with seasonal vegetables, sweet corn, plant based milk and lots of spices. This creamy chowder has become our go to soup if we want something different from traditional vegetable soups. It has an amazing cheesy flavor from nutritional yeast and a special kick from the lemon juice.
Why you have to make this Creamy Sweet Corn Chowder with Vegetables (vegan+no coconut)?
- If you don’t like coconut flavor in savory recipes, no problem. You can achieve a creamy chowder using potatoes and almond or any plant based milk.
- It is comforting
- It is warm
- if freezes well and you can make a big batch and save it for another day. It lasts in the fridge about 3-4 days.
- It is loaded with seasonal vegetables
- It is so easy to make
- It is a one pot recipe
- It is a low waste recipe*
Usually I try to reduce as much as I can food waste by washing the vegetables very good so I don’t need to peel them, unless I have to. Also I make my own vegetable bouillon powder with scraps of onion and other vegetables before going bad, by dehydrating them and then grinding in a fine vegetable powder. It makes such a difference from store bought ones.
If you try this creamy chowder let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media, so you can be the first to get the latest recipe updated on the blog. We would love to hear from you!
More recipes you might like:
This Creamy Sweet Corn Chowder with Vegetables (vegan+no coconut) is so comforting and delicious in a cold rainy day. It is creamy and has a sweet cheesy flavor. This is perfect for meal prep and ideal if you want to use leftover veggies. You will fall in love with this recipe not just because it is so yumm but also because it is so easy to make.
Cooking time : 35 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn from a tin, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Juice of half of a lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When hot add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables just start to soften and the onion turns translucent and begins to brown. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Then add the potato, the sweet corn, the chili powder, salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the water and the vegetable bouillon cube and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- Then add the almond milk and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Blend everything in a high speed blender or using a handheld blender.
- Transfer the soup back (skip this step if you are using a handheld blender) in the pot. Add the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice.
- Enjoy it with garlic bread and fresh parsley.