This Creamy Vegetable, White Bean, and Orzo, Soup is so healthy and flavorful. It is packed with nutrients and fibers. Who would have thought that combining beans, rice, and vegetables in a soup would be so delicious?
This orzo soup is so easy to make.
It takes only one pot to make it.
In just a few minutes you can have a warm, healthy and tasty bowl of soup.
This soup is so versatile. You can add veggies of your choice but for me, the combination of celery, carrot, and onion is the best.
It freezes well and stays in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. If you want to reheat the soup, be sure to add a splash of water because the rice tends to absorb the water in the soup if it is stored in the fridge.
More recipes you might like:
This Creamy Vegetable, White Bean, and Orzo, Soup is so healthy and flavorful. It is packed with nutrients and fibers. It is so easy to make and it takes only one pot to bring everything together.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup white rice, I used jasmine rice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Let them cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Then add the carrots and only 2 cups of vegetable broth. Bring vegetables to boil. It will take about 10 minutes for the carrots to soften. Remove from heat. Blend everything in the pot with an immersion blender or blender. Transfer the mix again to the pot over medium heat.
- Add the rice, beans, spinach, parsley, and the remaining vegetable broth (3 cups) to the pot. Let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice before serving and check the saltiness. If it needs more salt, add more.