This Festive Beet and Fruit Salad is the one that made me start loving beets. I and my sister came up with this salad when we were little. To defuse the taste of beets we used to add apple or orange or any other fruit so we could eat beets.
This version of fruit and beet salad is our favorite. The combination of tartness of pomegranate and earthy beets is the best.
This colorful salad is perfect for small gatherings and special occasions. It is savory and sweet at the same time.
It is so easy to make this beet salad and it takes only a few ingredients.
More recipes you might like :
This Festive Beet and Fruit Salad [vegan] is the perfect salad for festive occasions and small gatherings. It is easy to make and rich in flavors. It is a combination of beet, pomegranate, and orange. Once you try it, you will want to make it again.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 beets, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 of an orange, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot with water to boil over medium heat. Add the cubed beets and boil them for 35-40 minutes, until soft.
- When the beets are soft, rinse them with cold water. This helps them cool and also stops the boiling process.
- Then place the beets in a big salad plate along with the orange, pomegranate seeds, and fresh parsley.
- In a small bowl combine the orange juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad.