This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever shared in my blog. It is simple yet so tasty. I have tried beetroot salad recently with orange slices, pomegranate, apples, nuts but usually I was not a big fan of garlicky beetroot salads. Maybe it was the strong flavor of fresh garlic that I wasn’t very fond of.
So I tried another way of giving it a nice garlic flavor. I combined lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and a touch of garlic powder. This was it for me! I fell in love with this salad during quarantine and I have been making this over and over during summer nights. It is better served cold and with some fresh parsley on top.
How to make Garlicky Beetroot Salad?
It is so easy to make this. Just peel the beetroots and cut them into bite size chunks so they boil faster. If you are not a fan of boiling, you can steam them or bake them. They will be delicious either way. Mine took about 40 minutes to boil.
Then combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small container. When the beetroot is done cooking, drizzle over the garlicky dressing. Top it with fresh parsley or coriander.
If you try this delicious beetroot salad, let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media so you will be updated every time we post new recipes.
More recipes you might like:
Garlicky Beetroot Salad is so simple yet one of the best ways to eat beetroot. It is tangy and sweet! The combination of lime juice, garlic powder and parsley, is what makes this so tasty. It takes only a few minutes and no extra work to make this.
Cooking time: 40 minutes ( if boiling or steaming)
Cooling time : 1 hour on the refrigerator
- 4 medium beetroots, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- handful of fresh parsley
- Place a pot with water over medium heat and bring to the boil. Add the beetroot chunks and let them cook until tender. It will take about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small container.
- When the beetroots are cooked, remove from heat and run them under cold water. Drain them in a colander.
- Place the beetroot chunks in a big bowl and add the lime dressing. Place the salad bowl in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After the salad is cooled, serve it in plates with fresh parsley.