This green pea and spinach soup is so creamy and delicious. It is rich and filling thanks to the proteins found in peas. It is the best detox soup. If you have green vegetables laying around in your fridge, use them to make this amazing healthy soup.
This soup is made with celery, onion, potato, green peas, spinach, and coconut milk. It is seasoned with thyme, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can also add other green vegetables like broccoli or zucchini.
This green pea soup is healthy and nutritious. It is easy to make and is ready in 30 minutes. It is vegan but you can add any milk or cream of your choice. We tried making it with coconut milk and it turned out delicious as well.
Making green soup is not only easy but also the best if you have leftover vegetables in the fridge. I love adding leftover green onions, leeks, broccoli or cauliflower stems, spinach, etc.
More recipes you might like:
This green pea and spinach soup is so creamy and delicious. It is rich and filling thanks to the proteins found in peas. It is the best detox soup.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the celery, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let them cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, and parsley to the pot, then sauté for another minute. Then add the vegetable broth and cover the pot with a lid. Let the vegetables cook for 20 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, add the almond milk and fresh spinach.
- Remove from the heat. You can blend everything with an immersion blender or by transferring the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Pour the soup again into the pot after blending and add the lemon juice