Smoothies are the healthy “ice cream” of summer. When you make them green they are even healthier. The other day we were craving something cold to beat the heat here in Tirana but healthy.
What are your top two that come in mind if I say green ? For me is matcha and spinach, maybe my third is kale…
How I came up with Green Smoothie with Matcha recipe ?
So, I combined those two together with a super ripe fruit to be naturally sweetened. Added some yogurt and hemp seeds for extra proteins, a dash of cinnamon because I love the taste of matcha with cinnamon and water. Served it in big glasses with ice cubes and this smoothie was perfect if you don’t want something too sweet but delicious too.
It is so easy to make smoothie, just blend everything in a high speed blender and there you go. Simple as that. For this recipe I used a very ripe peach I had on my fridge, but you can also use ripe banana, ripe pear or otherwise pitted dates.
I added hemp seeds but you can add other nuts of your choice, walnuts or cashew nuts are also a good option for this green smoothie.
You can use yogurt or in case you don’t have some on hands, add the juice of 1/2 of a lime/lemon or orange. It will be tangy if you sub yogurt with another citrus fruit.
More refreshing recipes you might like :
Green Smoothie with Matcha is a refreshing and healthy smoothie. It is made with matcha powder so it is perfect to start the day. It is rich in antioxidants and it is sweetened with fruits.
- a large handful of fresh spinach (you can use frozen as well)
- 1 ripe peach ( you can sub with ripe banana/pear)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds ( or any other nut/seed of your choice)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 3/4 cup water (more or less depending how thick you like your smoothie to be)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend them until a smooth consistency is made.
- Serve the smoothie with ice cubes.
- I usually like to let skin on when using fruits in smoothies (except for the banana).