Ginger Spiced Cocoa is one of our favorites while we are enjoying a warm November evening. I and my boyfriend are big suckers when it comes to hot cocoa. Recently I tried the Ginger Spiced Cocoa and I fell in love with it. Ginger gives it so much kick that you can’t get enough of this cocoa.
I make it with fresh ginger but you can also use ground one. Fresh ginger is stronger and gives the cocoa more spiciness.
This hot cocoa is rich in flavors. It’s spicy, creamy, and chocolaty. When you drink this, it feels like a special warm hug in a hot cup of cocoa.
If you try this cozy ginger-spiced cocoa, let us know what is your favorite cookie to eat it with. Don’t forget to tag us on your food picture under the tag @bimorah. Hope you love these as much as we do.
Cozy Ginger Spiced Cocoa vegan is a delicious drink to share on a cold winter night. It is made with fresh ginger, cocoa, chocolate, lots of fragrant spices, and almond milk. It is best served with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and sprinkles of cocoa beans.
Serves : 2
Ready in 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 chili powder
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbs dark chocolate shavings
- pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of vanilla powder
1. Place all the ingredients except for the chocolate shavings in a small pot and then place the pot in a medium heat. Let it heat, giving it a stir occasionally.
2. After the mix is heated for about 5 minutes, remove from the heat and add the chocolate shavings, stirring so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
3. Sieve the cocoa when pouring it into the mugs by using a mesh strainer. Top it with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, cocoa powder or cocoa nibs. Enjoy !