Since the summer is coming we love to drink more and more smoothies every day. The combinations of fruits and veggies are endless. I had some leftover grapefruits and what is a better and sweeter way than having them in a smoothie.
Grapefruit is low in calories but very rich in nutrients. It is also an excellent source of vitamins A and C. Naturally it has a bitter taste but combined with something sweet it tastes delicious. Grapefruit is good for weight loss, blood pressure and heart health, is a rich source of antioxidants, helps digestion because it is rich in water and fibers, and because it contains Vitamin C it is good for skin and most importantly Immune System.
Usually I make smoothies with the juice of a healthy fruit or a healthy veggie, then I add berries and a banana. This refreshing smoothie is high in Vitamin C and that is why this helps your immunity. Grapefruit and Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C.
To make this Grapefruit and Strawberry Smoothie, you have to juice a big grapefruit and then throw frozen strawberries, frozen banana, the juice of a grapefruit and water in the blender . Blend everything until you reach the consistency you desire and enjoy with fresh strawberries and orange or grapefruit slices.
If you try this smoothie let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media, so you will be the first to get notified when a new recipe is posted on the blog.
This Immunity Boosting Grapefruit Strawberry Smoothie is rich in Vitamins C and it tastes like summer. It is so refreshing and takes only 3 ingredients to make. It feels like a cold sweet ice cream with a little kick. This is not only delicious but also healthy.
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend them until it reaches the consistency you desire. You can add more water or not depending on how thick you like your smoothie to be. Mine was something in between, not very thick but not a liquid either.
- Enjoy with fresh strawberries and orange slices.
- You can substitute grapefruit juice with orange but it will be sweeter.
- You can substitute strawberries with other berries of your choice. It will be amazing.