This Mediterranean Creamy Lentil Soup is inspired by a special chickpea dish that my mother makes with Mediterranean vegetables and spices. It is so comforting and tasty that you’ll want to eat this all winter long.
Why you will love this Mediterranean Creamy Lentil Soup?
- it is packed with vegetables and spices
- it is healthy
- it is perfect for meal prep
- it stays in the fridge for up to 4-5 days
- it has lots of fibers and proteins
- it is delicious
- it is quite easy to make
- it is made with simple ingredients
- it takes only 30 minutes to make
- it is plant-based
This lemony lentil soup is best served warm with a drizzle of olive oil, pepper and fresh parsley on top.
If you try this Mediterranean Creamy Lentil Soup let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to save our recipes on your Yummly or Pinterest account so you can make them later.
More recipes you might like :
This Mediterranean Creamy Lentil Soup is packed with vegetables and spices. It is also rich in proteins and fibers. This lemony lentil soup has the most amazing flavor. You will love the creaminess and warmth of this soup.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of green lentils, washed and drained
- 1 leek (or 1 celery stalk), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow potato, chopped
- 1 handful of dried mushrooms
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (or vegetable stock)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 3 -4 cups of Water
- In a small pot over medium heat add the olive oil, leek, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potato, carrot, dried mushrooms, smoked paprika, and rosemary. Stir well so everything is combined in the pot.
- After 2-3 minutes add the water and vegetable bouillon cube. Let the vegetables cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- When they are done cooking, blend the vegetable mix into a creamy consistency. If you like it you can add more water to it. Transfer the mixture again to the pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and add the lentils. Cook the soup for another 3 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!