This is one of the best recipes to make during hot summer days. It is packed with Mediterranean summer vegetables which makes this orzo the most amazing flavorful dish.
This Mediterranean Orzo With Roasted Vegetables is fresh and delicious. It is topped with a tangy vinaigrette dressing and fresh basil leaves. This Mediterranean Orzo is easy to make and perfect for meal planning. You can serve it warm or cold. I have tried it both and both ways are so tasty.
To make it, place your vegetables in a baking tray and season it with salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil. I like to add wild garlic during summer but you can also add regular garlic.
This Mediterranean Orzo With Roasted Vegetables is easy to make and the most flavorful thing to eat during summer. It tastes like a pizza but a healthier one. If you are vegetarian you can also add small mozzarella balls to make it taste more like a pizza.
You can find us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and TWITTER.
If you try this recipe, let us know on our social media! Don’t forget to tag a photo #bimorah on Instagram. Enjoy my friends!
More recipes you might like:
Mediterranean Orzo With Roasted Vegetables
This Mediterranean Orzo With Roasted Vegetables is easy to make and the most flavorful thing to eat during summer.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1+1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
For the roasted vegetables:
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 wild garlic, diced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking tray and add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and dried oregano. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and rinse them. Transfer the cooked orzo in a big bowl.
- Add the roasted vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the orzo bowl. Mix everything together and serve it with fresh basil leaves.