This Potato Puree With Spiced Mushrooms is creamy and delicious. It is the best topped with juicy mushrooms cooked in flavorful spices. This is easy to make and takes only a few minutes. It is the best side dish if you are planning a gathering for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.
This is our go-to recipe for plant-based potato puree, made with almond milk and butter. To make them fluffy and flavorful, be sure to simmer them slowly and add garlic powder after mashing the potatoes. The best part of this Potato Puree With Spiced Mushrooms is the mushrooms on top. They are cooked in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and soy sauce. The mushrooms give this dish the best earthy flavor.
More recipes you might like:
This Potato Puree With Spiced Mushrooms is creamy and delicious. It is the best topped with juicy mushrooms cooked in flavorful spices.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the potato puree:
- 6-7 medium potatoes (if big, cut them in half), peeled*
- water to cover
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the spiced mushrooms:
- 6 big button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, add the potatoes, water to cover and a pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes for about 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 1 tbsp olive oil, water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme salt and pepper. Add chopped mushrooms in the bowl and let them marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Let it cook until translucent, then add the garlic and marinated mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for about 10 minutes.
- When boiled, drain the potatoes. Mash them using a potato masher until fluffy.
- Add in vegan butter, almond milk, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve the potato puree and top it with the spiced mushrooms. Enjoy!
- If the potatoes are organic, no need to peel them.