I am a big fan of fritters, veggie burgers and patties. They are easy to make and you can easily store them in the fridge. They also freeze well. Last time I shared my Mushroom Lentil Patties recipe, but every week I try to make veggie burgers or patties so we can eat them during all week. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, diner or as a snack.
These pumpkin red lentil burgers are crispy and tasty! They make the perfect combination with the sour tahini sauce. They are soft on the inside and you can taste the delicious pumpkin mixed with dried sage.
They are rich in proteins because of the lentils, chickpea flour and flaxseed meal. These pumpkin red lentil burgers are easy because it takes a few minutes to cook red lentils. They are so versatile. You can eat them in a big bowl with greens and other seasonal veggies, you can eat them as burgers in a bun combined with tomato and lettuce, you can eat them with rice or quinoa topped with some tahini dressing. There are plenty of ways to eat these pumpkin red lentil burgers. The best thing is that they are rich in proteins and are made with simple ingredients.
Personally, I prefer to completely cook my pumpkin red lentil burgers before freezing them. Then I can grab one out of the freezer and reheat it quickly in the microwave or on a heated skillet instead of still having to completely cook the burgers when I want a quick lunch to take with me.
Some people like to freeze them not cooked, so you can just lay them in a tray and put the tray in the freezer. After 3-4 hours remove the tray from the freezer and put the burgers in a container. Put the container with the frozen burgers again in the freezer.
To freeze after cooked:
- Cook completely by following the recipe below.
- Place the burgers on a flat tray and let them cool completely.
- Once cool, place the entire tray in the freezer until the burgers are frozen.
- Transfer them in a freezer friendly container and place the container with burgers in the freezer.
I would suggest storing them up to 2 months since they are made with fresh ingredients.
What do you need to make pumpkin red lentil burgers?
You need grated pumpkin or butternut squash, onion, garlic cloves, parsley, red lentils, chickpea or gram flour, dried sage, smoked paprika, chili powder, flaxseed meal, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. If you want to cook them in a skillet, you can add 2 tbsp of olive oil. If you want them oil free then place them in a baking tray and bake them in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
If you try these pumpkin red lentil burgers, let us know what is your favorite way to eat them. Don’t forget to tag us on your food picture under the tag @bimorah. Hope you love these as much as I do.
More recipes you might like:
Pumpkin red lentil burgers are easy to make and so tasty! They are made with pumpkin, red lentils, chickpea flour, spices, onion and garlic. They are healthy and rich in proteins. You can eat them as breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack with tahini sauce. If you want something delicious for meal prep this week, this is it!
Makes: 10-11 burgers
For the pumpkin red lentil burgers
- 400 gr pumpkin or 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup red lentils, dried
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour or gram flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
For the tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for about 10 minutes until they are tender but not mushy. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add the chopped pumpkin and pulse until it is grated. Then add all the ingredients left including the cooked red lentils.
- Start forming the mixture into 9-10 cm burgers. It will make about 10 burgers.
- Meanwhile put a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the burgers, frying them 4 minutes in each side. Until the burgers are golden brown. You can also bake them if you want to make them healthier.
- In a small bowl combine all the tahini sauce ingredients and whisk with a spoon until creamy.