We love to have at least once a day some kind of comfort food. Usually, we try to make it healthy, like these spiced roasted cauliflower steaks. Everything that is well seasoned and roasted, I think it’s amazing. Even if you don’t like cauliflower taste or smell, this recipe will make you love it.
These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Mayo Ketchup Sauce are perfect for dinner. They are crispy and spicy on the outside but soft on the inside.
To make these Roasted Cauliflower Steaks is so easy. Combine all the spices in a small container along with olive oil and water and with the help of a tablespoon brush the cauliflower with the spice mix. Place them in the oven and bake them for 35-40 minutes, checking them once in a while so they don’t get burnt.
These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks might be one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower. They are packed with spices and don’t get me started on how well they go with the mayo ketchup sauce.
The combination of mayo, ketchup, and garlic powder is the perfect creaminess you can add to those crispy smoky cauliflower steaks. I used my easy homemade mayo recipe to make the delicious sauce.
You can have these roasted cauliflower steaks for dinner or as a side dish. They would be a perfect accompaniment to these Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms.
More recipes you might like:
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Mayo Ketchup Sauce are the perfect idea for a comfort food night. They are crispy, delicious, and healthy at the same time. The perfect recipe for a simple side or light dinner.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the Spiced Cauliflower Steaks:
- 1 large head of cauliflower (or 2 small ones)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
For the Mayo Ketchup Sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayo (I used vegan mayo)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small container combine olive oil, water, vinegar, all the spices, garlic powder, and salt and stir it until everything is well combined.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut the cauliflower into 3-4 cauliflower steaks.
- Place the steaks and the remaining florets into the baking tray and brush them on each side with the spice mix. Bake them for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients for Mayo Ketchup Sauce.
- When the steaks are done roasting, serve them with mayo ketchup sauce on top and fresh parsley.