These Roasted Eggplants with Tahini Pomegranate Sauce are perfect for special occasions especially when you are in a hurry. They are so easy to make and so delicious. The combination of eggplants and pomegranate is one of my favorites.
To be honest I use a very simple method of juicing pomegranates. I use the citrus juicer, the one that we usually use to juice lemons and oranges. It is an easy and fast way of juicing pomegranates.
Albania has a rich variety of fresh pomegranates. They are a mass produce here and you can always find them delicious but also cheap. So we have been using them in juices, savory recipes or sweet ones.
How to make the Roasted Eggplants with Tahini Pomegranate Sauce?
It is quite easy to make this side dish recipe for Christmas dinner. We roasted the eggplants in the oven for 30 minutes then we prepared the tasty tahini sauce. When we served the baked eggplants in small plates, we drizzled over some of the tahini sauce. If you are making this for Christmas then adding some fresh parsley and pomegranate seeds would be very festive and lovely.
More recipes you might like:
These Roasted Eggplants with Tahini Pomegranate Sauce are great as a side dish for Christmas dinner. They are rich in Mediterranean flavors and also a healthy recipe to surprise your friends and family. They are easy to make and made with simple ingredients.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium eggplants, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
For the Tahini Pomegranate Sauce:
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp date syrup ( or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sliced eggplants in a baking tray and add olive oil, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss them and place the tray in the oven. Bake the eggplants for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine all the ingredients for the Tahini Pomegranate Sauce. Blend them until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the eggplants when serving. Garnish with fresh parsley and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!