Roasted Romano Peppers With Feta Cheese is the comfort food of every Albanian! Romano peppers are sweet like red bell peppers but smaller. They are massively grown in the Mediterranean. We like to use red and green Romano peppers because they are both delicious. When roasted they become soft and combined with crumbled feta, olive oil, and garlic, they are so good. We love to eat them with toasted bread.
This Roasted Romano Peppers With Feta Cheese is the best side dish especially if you have friends over and you want to impress them with something simple yet so good. You will get obsessed with how good this recipe is. You can also make this with other types of sweet peppers. My mother loves to add a chili pepper to the mix so it becomes spicy but not too much.
More recipes like this:
You can taste all the Mediterranean flavors in this recipe. This Roasted Romano Peppers With Feta Cheese is the best side dish and so easy to make.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the roasted peppers:
- 4-5 green romano peppers, chopped lengthwise (like in the picture)
- 4-5 red romano peppers, chopped lengthwise (like in the picture)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the olive oil garlic dressing:
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Place peppers in a baking tray. Add salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake them for about 30 minutes until soft.
- In a small container combine olive oil, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- When the peppers are roasted, add the olive oil garlic mixture in the baking tray and give everything a toss. Serve them in plates with crumbled feta cheese and toasted bread. Enjoy!