If there is one thing I could eat all winter long, that is curry! It is warm and creamy and packed with vegetables and spices. The combination you can make with the ingredients in a curry is endless.
This Sweet Potato Mushroom Curry [vegan] is tasty and super creamy. It can be made in 30 minutes and is perfect for meal prep. This sweet potato curry is nutritious and made with delicious ingredients.
Why you must try this Sweet Potato Mushroom Curry [vegan]?
- it is super creamy
- it takes only 30 minutes to make it
- it is plant-based
- it is flavorsome
- it is a one-pot recipe
- it is filling and rich in fibers
- it has all the amazing earthy flavors
- it is packed with spices
More recipes you might like :
This Sweet Potato Mushroom Curry [vegan] is appetizing and super creamy. It can be made in 30 minutes and is perfect for meal prep. This sweet potato curry is nutritious and made with delicious ingredients.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 6 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- a thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gr (14 oz) can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add all the spices. Let them cook in the oil for 30 seconds before adding the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Let them cook in spices for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and let them cook for about 3-4 minutes before adding the sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, and water. Let them cook for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk and fresh spinach. Let the curry cook for another 10 minutes.
- Before serving add the lemon juice. Enjoy it with sliced onion, fresh parsley/cilantro, and freshly ground pepper.