This tofu crumble is a lifesaver! The other day I made the crumble and we got to use it in hard shell tacos and some of it in a delicious bolognese sauce.
Because it is packed with flavors you can use it in everything.
- Tacos: It is an excellent substitute for meat in tacos
- Pasta: It is perfect for a bolognese sauce or vegan lasagna.
- Poke Bowls: Top your poke bowl with this tofu crumble and it will be extra special.
- Salads: This tofu crumble is not only packed with flavors but also a great source of plant protein. Using it in salads it’s one of the best ways to use it.
- Stir Fry: Of course, stir fry is by default the easiest way to use these tofu crumbles.
To make this tofu crumble takes about 15 minutes and some easy steps. Dry the tofu in a clean kitchen towel. Then crumble the tofu with a fork or with your hands. Add spices to it and soy sauce or tamari. Cook the crumbled tofu in a skillet or bake it. Then you can use it in various ways.
More recipes you might like:
This Crumbled tofu is perfect for meatless recipes. It is not only packed with flavors but also in plant proteins.
Makes: about 2 cups of crumbled tofu
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Dry the tofu in a clean kitchen towel. Crumble the tofu with a fork or with your hands.
- Add spices to it, salt and pepper, and soy sauce or tamari.
- Place a skillet on low to medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is heated, add the crumbled tofu. Cook for 15 minutes until the tofu is fragrant and brownish. Stir continuously so it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Enjoy it with tacos, pasta, or meatless recipes.