I have had this recipe in my mind for so long because of the popularity of this drink in my family and also in my country. This is my favorite savory drink and it is inspired by Albanian traditional drink “dhalle” witch is made by yogurt, water and salt, but my mother also adds seasonal herbs like mint or basil and a touch of pepper.
When we have pie, we always drink “dhalle”. Since I am vegan from three years now, I have made my own Mint Yogurt Savory Refreshing Drink with plant based yogurt and trust me you will drink this with every comfort food you are having. I drink this when I am eating sandwich, pizza or pasta! It is very refreshing especially on a summer day. Here in Albania we use this drink to cure dizziness because of the salt, water, the sweetness of yogurt and the good bacteria.
When you start drinking this Mint Yogurt Savory Drink you will not stop making it for you and your family! We make ours in a big batch and take it in the beach. It is the best drink to stay hydrated during a hot summer day. You have to make this Mint Yogurt Savory Refreshing Drink because it is :
- Easy to make
- Takes only 5 ingredients
- Best idea for a refreshing drink to take to the beach
- Great option for a drink when you have friends coming buy
I made mine with coconut yogurt and it was delicious but making it with soy or almond yogurt makes it more like the traditional one. So, if you don’t like the smell and flavor of coconut in savory dishes, just use soy or any plant based yogurt. You can add basil or mint. I had mint in my garden in this time of the year and made mine with mint. During summertime you should also try parsley or basil, they both taste delicious in this recipe.
If you try this Mint Yogurt Savory Refreshing Drink, let us know in our social media and also share your Yogurt Drink pictures with us. Hope you love it like I do!
- 1 cup coconut yogurt ( any plant yogurt will do)
- 1+1/2 cup water (add more if you want it more runny)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- sprinkle of pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend everything. If you want it more cold just add ice in a glass and pour over the Mint Yogurt Drink.
- It is that easy! Enjoy!
- I have tried adding 1/2 tsp of olive oil and it is super tasty too, but has a strong flavor of olive so if you don’t like that leave it out.
- You can make this with fresh basil, fresh mint or fresh parsley. Whatever you have on hands.