If I had to choose one last meal before I die, it would definitely be vegetable noodles with peanut sauce. Don’t get me wrong, not all kinds of noodles but peanut sauce noodles. Lucky me, my favorite dish of all time is quick and easy. This is one recipe I enjoy so much that I was looking forward to share it here in my blog.
Vegetable noodles with peanut sauce are amazingly delicious! They are perfect for diner or to take with you in your lunch box.
This dish is rich in bursting flavors from the vegetables and best of all is the peanut sauce on top of the noodles.
I usually use basic vegetables that we always have at home, like carrots, onions. garlic, frozen peas, red or green pepper,ginger and chili. Depending the season I also add vegetables like cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli or zucchini. A great idea to add to your veggie noodles is kimchi. Since I love fermented foods, I try to make lots of vegan kimchi in winter so I am packed during summer to add to my noodles. Sometimes I add tofu but here in my country it is also expensive so I try to use toppings such as sesame seeds for extra proteins.
When it comes to the sauce, it makes all the difference. The peanut sauce is made with creamy peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, date syrup or any sweetener, soy sauce or tamari, lemon juice or lime juice, apple cider vinegar and water. I use this sauce not only for the vegetable noodles but also for other things like dipping for spring rolls, as a spread in a bun with beetroot falafels, as a salad dressing or as a dipping sauce when eating potato wedges. Clearly I use the peanut sauce in everything! People have ketchup, I have peanut sauce!
How to make vegetable noodles with peanut sauce?
When making noodles you want to make this as fast as possible because not always you have time. First I put a pan on medium heat and add the oil. Then add the onion, garlic, ginger,mushrooms and chili flakes. Let it cook for about 2 minutes until the onion and mushrooms are soft. Then add the carrots, broccoli, peas and peppers. I usually let them cook for about 15 minutes until the veggies are soft but crunchy as well. Like in the picture.
You can also top the noodles with all kinds of nuts like cashews, peanuts, crushed almonds or even seeds like sesame seeds black or white. You can also add chopped spring onions on top with a tiny splash of lemon juice. For extra proteins add fried tofu. Tofu is a great combination with the peanut sauce.
If you make this recipe, let us know and don’t forget to pin our recipes on Pinterest.
Vegetable noodles with peanut sauce are an easy and delicious recipe. They are rich in healthy vegetables and greens and also full of proteins because of the creamy, yummy peanut sauce. They are suitable for lunch or dinner. I am so obsessed that I make this dish nearly 3 or 4 days in a week!
For the vegetable noodles
- 100 gram uncooked noodles or 2 nests of uncooked noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- half of a chili (dried or fresh), diced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 small green peppers, julienned
- 1 cup baby broccoli florets or just broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup green peas, I used frozen one
- salt and pepper
For the peanut sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp date syrup or any other sweetener (maple syrup or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (like sriracha, but you can sub with chili powder and garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp water
- In a large pan, add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chili and mushrooms. Let it cook for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Then add the other vegetables, salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 13-15 minutes, until the veggies are softened but still crunchy. Be careful to check the veggies once in a while so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan, by adding to them, occasionally, 2 tbsp of water.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Start making the peanut sauce by combining everything in a small bowl and whisking the sauce ingredients with a spoon or a fork. It will become creamy eventually after about 1 minute whisking.
- When the veggies are done cooking, add the noodles to them and let it cook for about a minute so the noodles are well combined with veggies.
- Serve the vegetable noodles in bowls and add the peanut sauce with other toppings. Enjoy!
- You can add vegetables of your choice, like kale, cabbage, zucchini etc.
- You can also add cooked chickpeas, tofu, nuts and seeds for extra proteins.
- You can sub chili sauce that I use in peanut sauce for 1/2 tsp of chili powder + 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- I cut the veggies julienned for a better presentation but you can use a cutting method of your choice.