Living in Albania is so convenient if you are plant based and also love to cook. Eating in a restaurant is another story but buying fresh veggies in farmers market is the best. During summer time since here everything is locally produced, you can buy a lot of vegetables for a small amount of money. Usually for this recipe I use organic eggplants (aubergine), red or green peppers and zucchini (courgette).
The other day I made this recipe with only eggplants and zucchini, but you can use any of these veggies.
Why you have to try veggies in peanut sauce?
This peanut sauce salad is so fresh and tasty. It is also rich in proteins if you add extra seeds or nuts. I usually like it with sesame seeds or cashew nuts.
The combination of lime juice, peanut butter and sriracha is everything. I am obsessed! That explains why I’ve been doing this salad all summer.
It takes only 10 minutes to make this dish, depending on the crunchiness you want your veggies to be.
How easy is to make veggies in peanut sauce?
You have to fry the eggplants and zucchini, meanwhile combine the peanut sauce ingredients in a small container. When you remove the veggies from the heat, drizzle that amazing peanut sauce and they will soak in all the umami flavor coming from the sauce. We like to place it in the refrigerator for about 1 hours so it becomes more like a salad.
If you try this flavorful and easy summer salad, let us know on the comments below. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media so you will be updated every time we post new recipes.
More recipes you might like:
Veggies in Peanut Sauce is an easy and delicious recipe. It is made with eggplants and zucchini slices fried in olive oil and a tasteful peanut sauce drizzled on top. You can also add fresh chili and cashew nuts to make it extra tasty! Hope you try this recipe.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes ( if you fry the veggies)/ 30-35 minutes (if you bake the veggies)
- 3 medium eggplants, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce or any hot sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water( depending how thick you want your sauce to be)
- If you want to fry the eggplants and zucchini, place a non stick pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and turn them over once in a while so they don’t get burned. It will take 10 minutes to fry them. If you want to bake them instead of frying, add the sliced veggies in a baking tray along with olive oil, salt and pepper and give everything a stir so they get evenly coated. Place the tray in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all the ingredients of the peanut sauce in a small container and stir well so it doesn’t have any lumps.
- When the vegetables are cooked, place them in a large plate and drizzle all the peanut sauce over them. You can also add fresh parsley, sesame seeds, cashew nuts, chilies or any other toppings you like.